We’ve teamed up with IncrediBundles to share our love for raising readers! As a child I can honestly say, that I never had anyone sit down and encourage me to READ! Reading has never been one of my favorite subjects, I was thankful enough that my high school had mandatory summer reading list, thank God for Cliff’s Notes (no judgment). I’ve always known that I would make sure my kids loved reading and that I encouraged my little ones to become avid readers. When we had our baby shower for Elle I remember asking for gently used books instead of cards so that I could start her library. That was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, and it’s created reading monsters in the Harrell house!
Speaking of baby showers or gifts for babies in general, Incredibundles offers some pretty cool gift bundles for any occasion. We were able to choose a bundle that best fit our family and since we’ve been collecting books for over 8 years, I decided to create a bundle for the kids.
They offer a variety of bundles, anything from toys, books, diapers, bath products, and organic items. My goal was to get as many new books as possible and I was able to throw in a teether and stacking cups for Axel. I love that you can truly create cool custom gifts at any budget. Free shipping is given for all bundles that are $49 or more so for me, it only makes since to start my budget at $50. Check out all of the awesome bundles here .
One thing I love about my mother in law is that she is a retired educator as well as an advocate of early childhood literature! So of course she was thrilled when our new books from IncrediBundles arrived.
Here are some tips that we feel are very necessary to help jump start your child to becoming reading machines:
- Start as early as in the womb. Sing, read, talk to your baby!! This also helps with early language development.
- Make it a family endeavor, take time out for family reading together.
- Utilize your public library, there are so many amazing toddler and preschool programs. This is such a special trip for our kids with their Nana. They also meet so many new friends at our local library.
- Keep books available at a kids level! We like to keep them in the car, in baskets throughout the house and on their bookshelves.
- Utilize the art of story telling. Talk about your childhood adventures, our kids get a kick out of this! They always want to hear more stories of their Nana, Papa and Dad’s childhood memories.
- Talk to your child at dinner, yes TALK!! No distractions, ask open-ended questions and truly engage with them.
Thanks to Incredibundles for allowing us to share our reading rediness tips! Share the gift of reading with someone you love. Check out this awesome giveaway and enter to win by clicking the link below!
Happy reading and until next time…